Time management is critical for students– to balance Academics, Extra-curricular activities & having fun!!
Each of these activities is important and will contribute to your success – later in life. If you’re in your final year of school (or college), this is the year that you’ll be applying to colleges. You want to ensure that all your efforts of the last few years coalesce into your application, and you gain admission to your dream university. University applications can be a stressful activity for everyone at home – after all – your future may be decided by what (and how) you do over the next few months. 1 way to reduce the anxiety (and chaos) is to ensure that you’ve planned everything properly and there are no last-minute surprises.
Here are a few simple tips for you:
- Make lists: A simple “to DO List” is often a huge help to everyone.
- avoid a list that reaches outrageous length and is overwhelming to even look at.
- Reward yourself: Whenever you accomplish something, especially the important things, make sure to take the time to reward yourself.
- What gets rewarded, gets repeated.
- Concentrate on one thing: The human mind works more efficiently when it is focused. Focus on one think and get it done.
- At times, multitasking may seem like a more efficient route, but it’s probably not.
- Set personal deadlines: A guaranteed way to alleviate some of this stress is to set your own (earlier) deadlines. Be realistic but demanding of yourself.
- Power breaks: If you find yourself getting distracted from studies, take power breaks i.e. small breaks. In this time, you can listen to music that you like / a quick jog…anything that re-sets your focus.
These steps are equally helpful for any student – even those who’re not applying to universities just yet. For a more detailed guide on how to set deadlines for your university application journey – stay tuned .
If you’re thinking about applying to the best universities in the world, we’ll be happy to partner you on this journey. Connect with us today !